15 July 2013

So it's been a year...

I'm quite certain most of the 9 people who regularly read my blog have given up on me, as I basically gave up on blogging about a year ago.  But for the 3 of you who may still be checking my blog, here is a quick run down of what has happened since you last heard from me.
1. I read Days of Blood and Starlight, it was amazing.
2. I got engaged.
3. I started a blog for the two of us.  It's awesome, but I let it fall by the wayside as well.
4. We bought a house.
5. Somewhere in there, I realized that my new job was awesome and beyond challenging, and my time prioritites shifted.  I still read (and do read) every evening, I just chose to spend what free time I had with my soon-to-be husband instead of blogging.
6. I was given permanent status at my new job (wahoo!)
7. We got married. It was perfect.

Next thing I know, it's been almost a year with no book reviews at all.  I thought about closing down shop permanently, but this summer I've read such fantastic books, that I just can't yet.  So I'm going to try again to blog regularly.

Today, I'm going back to school.  Voluntarily.  If you aren't a teacher or someone who works in schools, this phenomenon of "voluntary work" might baffle you.  See, even though we teachers get summer vacation, very few of us actually take it.  There is so much to do in the course of a school year that it's nearly impossible to get it all done during the 8 hour days that we're technically paid for.  Especially when 7 of those ten hours are filled with students.  So most of us spend at least a portion of our summer working to get caught up and ready for the coming school year.
So as soon as I finish my delicious tea, I'm headed in to work in my library.  And you know what?

I can't freakin' wait.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Feel free to add your opinion of this or any books you've read here. Proper APA citiation style preferred (ha!)