1. I read Days of Blood and Starlight, it was amazing.
2. I got engaged.
3. I started a blog for the two of us. It's awesome, but I let it fall by the wayside as well.
4. We bought a house.
5. Somewhere in there, I realized that my new job was awesome and beyond challenging, and my time prioritites shifted. I still read (and do read) every evening, I just chose to spend what free time I had with my soon-to-be husband instead of blogging.
6. I was given permanent status at my new job (wahoo!)
7. We got married. It was perfect.
Next thing I know, it's been almost a year with no book reviews at all. I thought about closing down shop permanently, but this summer I've read such fantastic books, that I just can't yet. So I'm going to try again to blog regularly.
Today, I'm going back to school. Voluntarily. If you aren't a teacher or someone who works in schools, this phenomenon of "voluntary work" might baffle you. See, even though we teachers get summer vacation, very few of us actually take it. There is so much to do in the course of a school year that it's
So as soon as I finish my delicious tea, I'm headed in to work in my library. And you know what?
I can't freakin' wait.